Sunday, November 15, 2009

Dancing in the Streets: A reason to Smile

These are some of the photos that I was able to shoot a couple weekends ago! Yosakoi is a dance festival that takes place in Sasebo and is all about the dancing and energy! I had the opportunity to shoot this festival last year, but this year I was able to get involved! Had a lot of fun just running around and experiencing all of the Japanese culture. If you wish to see more from this shoot, you can visit my Flickr account as well.



I do however, want to take the time out to mention just this one thing. Last year I showed up right at the end of the event. I only was able to shoot a couple photos. This is the photo I shot last year:


And this is the photo I shot this year:

Notice anything? If you couldn't tell... both photos were of the EXACT same group of kids. It would have been nice to get a shot of the same kid twice, exactly a year apart, right? Either way, i find it interesting none the less. I think some of the children recognized me too!






One thing that I absolutely loved, was the fact that everyone had fun! Never a dull moment. If you are ever in the Sasebo area during this festival, it would be a shame to miss such an exciting event.

What are you SMILING about?

1 comments:

Carolie said...

I love your photos...you've really managed to capture some of the exuberance of the festival. These aren't "pageant smiles" -- you've captured sheer joy. Great job!