Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Becoming the Archetype: Who am I?


Today was the first day that i realized what i can do in life. The possibilities are endless! Right now, I am young and restless. Learning and adventure should be an everyday part of my life. I should be taking everything in like a sponge. Fortunately, I was smart enough to seek out the guidance I would need in order to get better at the things i want to do in life.

Talking, interacting and just straight networking through people is how i have come to find what i need to know. What do you do? I suggest you think about it. A wise man once asked me "What do you want to be when you grow up? and what are you doing now to get there?". A great question that gave me a sort of "new" inspiration to work to what i want to do in life. Do what you want to do, when you want to do it. Be what you want to be, when you want to be it. I look forward to everyday because there are new events in life i can capture with my camera.

Lets move on... I havent properly introduced myself yet. I'm Travis. A 22 year old man, that is searching for his place in life. As for right now, i know that i will be a photographer for as long as my limbs on my body function properly. My passion for photography has grown tremendously in the last year. Note that i said, PASSION. Thanks to the photographers that have been gracious enough to pound these ideas in my head constantly... Their passion for this Profession has given me a new idea of what photography is. Photography has been described as many things, by MANY people. As for myself, i find photography to be my PASSION. I dream about it. I think about it constantly. And most of all, I love it.

1 comments:

LaurensMom said...

"Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you."

Travis, I think you found your place in life :)
Keep pursuing your dreams.........there is fulfillness in that!